Saturday, November 10, 2012

Escaping the Cauldron by Kristine McGuire


  • ISBN-10: 1616386975
  • ISBN-13: 978-1616386979

Escaping the Cauldron: Exposing occult influences in everyday life by Kristine McGuire is a book I received to read and review. Many thanks to Glass Road Public Relations for the opportunity to review this book. My review of this book is an honest representation of my experience, thoughts and views.    

In this book, Kristine McGuire writes about the occult, her experiences as a Christian Witch, how God delivered her and just how increasingly  the occult is can be found in our every days lives. Even more shocking is how the occult is becoming more and more present in the Christian faith and church!     


I was stunned at how quickly just even ONE innocent activity can open just a small fissure that if left unnoticed, can lead to temptation and decisions that may seem innocent in the beginning but can so easily lead us down a down a path away from God.   


Kristine's references of Biblical scripture sheds understanding and light on so much that I did not know about God's view of the occult.  I really respect that she doesn't judge or condemn as she tells her story. She just honestly, openly shares her experiences along with God's work and salvation in her and her family's lives.    


At the end of each chapter are Biblical verses for personal study and review as well as thought provoking questions that helps the reader begin to explore and seek God's will in our lives. They were invaluable to the full experience of this book.



~ My thoughts ~ 

I found this book to be enlightening, educational and one of the BEST sources of scriptural references from the Bible regarding God's stand on the occult!  God certainly laid some convictions on my heart while I was reading this. 


The descriptions of the occult and Kristine's experiences are in depth and openly shared. At times I felt that she didn't need to go into such detail about some of her experiences. Overall though, her descriptions really gave me a clear and better understanding of what she experienced and God's grace and love that changed her life. I highly recommend Escaping the Cauldron!    



I'd love to hear what you all think of this book so please stop back and let me know!

No comments: