Thursday, January 17, 2013

Living with Confidence in a Chaotic World by Dr. David Jeremiah



  • ISBN-10: 0849919622
  • ISBN-13: 978-0849919626


With all that is happening in the world today, I find myself reading more books on the Rapture and the signs of the end times. I have read several excellent Christian Fiction Books regarding this topic - The Left Behind Series, The Dead Rise First Rapture Countdown  and Seven Years to Eternity. All three were excellent books!

Recently though, I have been wanting to study more of the Bible's teachings on the "end times" and read more of the non-fiction literature that can help shed some light on all that can be found in Revelations. Living with Confidence In A Chaotic World  by Dr. David Jeremiah was sitting on my shelf waiting to be read! 

From the publisher: 

In the New York Times bestseller What in the World Is Going On? Dr. David Jeremiah summarized ten prophetic clues that are coming true in our own generation. In light of these chaotic events, how can we continue to live a life of commitment and confidence?  
Looking through the lens of the same verses that speak of Christ’s return, Dr. Jeremiah now points us to the habits we must establish that will form a pattern for living with certain hope in our uncertain times. They include how to stay:
  • Centered in Christ 
  • Committed to the Word 
  • Compassionate toward others 
  • Connected to the church 
  • Consistent in your walk Calm in your heart 
  • Certain of His coming 
  • Confident in your faith

My thoughts ~ 

I found this book to be straight forward, to the point and rather life changing! I have to be honest, I sat down and read this book quickly. I had limited time but soon found that I  couldn't put the book down!  Even with quick reading (my usual reading style is to read slow an savor every moment of a good book), many of Dr. Jeremiah's statements and Biblical references' spoke deeply to my soul. 

I needed to read and hear the message of this book, not just to be prepared for the day of Christ's Second Coming but to live each day as God intended  me to - as God hopes I will! 

Here are a few quotes from the book that just grabbed me: 

" ... it is indicative of a growing trend in our nation and our world - a trend that requires Christians to be tolerant  of everyone and requires no one to be tolerant of Christians."

" ... I stay ready to keep from getting ready."

" ... you must live consistently for today to get ready to pass the test."

" ... the second you say yes to Christ, you're sins are fully forgiven."

My plan now is to go back and  read Living with Confidence In A Chaotic World  slowly,  contemplatively and with God's guidance so I can fully  glean all that this book has to offer.  I'm sure I'll be inspired more after doing so and will stop back and share with you my thoughts.  At the back of the book is page with three ways to further your study of this book - I am definitely going to check them out!

The best news yet is that this book is on sale at Am*azon right now!  The hard cover version is only $ 1.30 and the kindle version  is only $1.58! 

If any of you have read or plan on reading this book, please stop back and share  your thoughts. I'd love to hear them.

Many thanks to Thomas Nelson Publishing for the opportunity to read and review this book. My review is an honest reflection of my thoughts, feelings and views about this book. 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sounds like a great book!