Monday, October 19, 2009

A Wonderful Inspirational Book!

Austin Gutwein with Todd Hillard

Here's the publisher's book description:

Discover how you can respond to God's call in your own life, whether it's in your own town or on the other side of the world.

Teen Austin Gutwein has taken his best shot several thousand times to help AIDS orphans in Africa and in the process has built a school and a medical clinic! Take Your Best Shot tells how one boy made an incredible difference in the lives of those without hope while challenging the reader to do the same.

I have to say, I found Take Your Best Shot to be one of the most inspirational books I have read in a long time. It is well written, to the point and I couldn't put the book down once I started reading it. I found Austin's journey to be quite amazing! I also really enjoyed the interactive sections at the end of each chapter that encourage the reader to explore God's calling in each of our own lives. All in all, I highly recommend this book!

Click here to read the first chapter of this book.

Many thanks to everyone at Thomas Nelson Book Review for Bloggers for allowing me the opportunity to review this wonderful book.

4 comments:

Cherdecor said...

Thanks for exposing us to this book. I read the first chapter. I did take notes. I may be ordering it. Thanks so much.
blessings,
cheryl

Alice Teh said...

I love a good inspirational book. This one is good! Thanks for the review!

Joyful Days said...

Looks like a good read.

Thanks for the review!

Daxx Bondoc said...

Thanks for the review!

I always love stories like this. It challenges one to think more than themselves and invites them to do great things in life.