Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Primal by Mark Batterson


In Primal: A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity, Mark Batterson encourages and challenges each of us to return to a primal faith ~ a place where we each have met God and God has met each of us. He goes on to challenge us to live our Christian faith not just as an attitude or belief system but as a life filled with God's love, evidenced through our actions. A life based on principals of the Great Commandment ~ compassion, wonder, curiosity and power.


Here's an excerpt from the book jacket:



Our generation needs a reformation.


But a single person won’t lead it.


A single event won’t define it.


Our reformation will be a movement of reformers living
creatively, compassionately, courageously for the cause of
Christ.


This reformation will not be born of a new discovery. It
will be the rediscovery of something old, something ancient.


Something primal.


—Mark Batterson, Primal


I enjoyed reading this book and I highly recommend it! Many thanks to WaterBrook Multnomah for providing me with this book to review. Click here to purchase this book!

5 comments:

squawmama said...

Sounds like a great book... Have a super day!

Merry CHristmas
Donna

Christina said...

This book is right up my alley.

Cherdecor said...

My comment disappeared!

Renee said...

Cheryl, I did turn on the moderator feature yesterday for any comments (due to inappropriate sales pitches being left here on this blog) but I didn't delete any other comments. I don't know what happened to your comment.

Would you mind entering it again? I enjoy hearing from you!

Cherdecor said...

We enjoy reading Mark Batterson's writings. He is a good man and has good thoughts.