Monday, March 8, 2010

Fantasy Fiction Blog Tour ~ Book 1


by

Chuck Black

Category: Fiction - Religious; Juvenile Fiction - Historical - Medieval
Format: Trade Paperback, 208 pages
On Sale: March 16, 2010
ISBN: 978-1-60142-127-2 (1-60142-127-3)


From the Publisher:

Lady Carliss faces the challenge of her life. Can she save the kingdom before it’s too late?


Determined, smart and a master of both the sword and the bow, Lady Carliss has proven herself as a veteran Knight of the Prince. Returning from a mission of aid, Carliss is plunged into adventure once again as she searches for the marauders responsible for kidnapping a friends’ family. Along the way she is
reunited with Sir Dalton and discovers that the struggle in her heart is far
from over. When Dalton falls to the vicious attack of a mysterious, poisonous
creature, Carliss finds herself in a race against time. As Dalton clings
perilously to life, she must find the antidote in the distant and strange city
of Moorue.

While there, Carliss uncovers the master plot of a powerful Shadow Warrior that will soon overtake the entire Kingdom. Her faith in the Prince and her courage as a knight are tested as she faces evil Shadow Warriors and a swamp full of dreadful creatures. The lives of many, including Dalton’s, depend on Carliss. But she cannot save them all, for time is running out. She faces an impossible choice: save Dalton, or let him die so that others may live.

About the Author:

Chuck Black, a former F-16 fighter pilot and tactical communications engineer, is the author of nine novels, including the popular Kingdom series. He has received praise from parents across the country for his unique approach to telling biblical truths. His passion in life is to serve the Lord Jesus Christ and to love his wife, Andrea, and their six children. He lives with his family in North Dakota .

What did I think?

I really enjoy reading fantasy and fiction so this book was right up my alley. Mr. Black did a wonderful job! The story was engaging, full of suspense and I couldn't put the book down.

This book is being promoted for young adults but I also recommend it for any adults out there who love fantasy and Christian fiction. One of my favorite parts of the book was the discussion questions and the scriptural references in this section of the book. They were thoughtful, insightful and clearly showed how this allegorical tale is based from the Bible. I know my boys will enjoy this book as much as I did!

For more information about this book, visit here.

Many thanks to Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing for providing me the opportunity to review this book.

2 comments:

Christina said...

This one sounds really good. However do you find all these good books? I think my 19 year old daughter would like this one too. I am going to put it on my Amazon wish list.

I can't believe we bought the same shelves. I really liked brown better, but since the rest of the furniture is black that was what I had to get. These are great quality aren't they?

Christina said...

PS I think my boys will like this too. This is the type of book they definitely go for.