Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Here Burns My Candle Blog Tour





Here Burns My Candle has faith, historical fiction, intrigue and a bit of romance all set in 18th century Scotland ~ what more do you need for a great story? Well, it gets even better...

The characters are realistic and engaging. Ms. Higgs has a writing style that just flowed off the pages and came to life in my imagination as I read this modern day story of Naomi and Ruth. I couldn't put it down once I started reading it!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I am so excited I have found another new (to me) author and books that I just can't wait to read!


by Liz Curtis Higgs

ISBN: 9781400070015

Categories: Fiction - Christian - Historical




Click here to read an excerpt from this book!

** Blog Tour Closed**



For a chance to win a copy of this wonderful book, just leave a comment on this post. Please remember to leave me a way to contact you (by blog or email) if you should win.


Each contestant can enter only once and this give away is open to the US and abroad.


The contest will run from 3/24/2010 through 3/31/2010 at 12 MN. Winner will be chosen by Random. org and announced on 4/01/2010.

Many thanks to WaterBrook Multnomah for providing me with this book to review.

10 comments:

Annette W. said...

I just read this too...and am having a giveaway this week if anyone is interested.

It was great! Liz is also a great speaker.

Mari said...

I love her books and have heard her speak as well. She is funny and inspiring! This book looks really good.

heidi @ ggip said...

This one does sound good. Thanks for the recommendation and the chance to win!

Alice Teh said...

I seldom read historical fiction and sure sounds like a good place to start. I'd love to be entered for the giveaway, Renee!

teh(dot)alice(at)gmail(dot)com

Christina said...

I've been seeing this book on blogs all over the place. It looks like a great book. Count me in.

Doris said...

I love Liz Cutis Higgs' books. I am reading "Grace In Thine Eyes" as week speak. She is a great author!!

Doris

christiangirl4Christ@yahoo.com

Sherry said...

This was my first time reading one of her books. I was so pleased to find another great Christian author. :D

Judylynn said...

Please enter my name. I've also heard so much good about this book. I'd love to win a copy!

Sandra said...

Don't enter me in the contest because I participated in the tour too LOL But I just want to say that I loved the book, Liz Curtis Higgs is such an amazing author :)

Joyful Days said...

This one looks good! Am I too late to play?

Many thoughts and prayers for you all this week.