Thursday, May 27, 2010

Almost Forever Book Review




ISBN-13: 9781416599913
ISBN: 1416599916

Category: Christian Fiction, Suspense


A bit about Almost Forever from the publisher:

Unearthing a lost memory may cause her to lose everything she holds dear… but could it also set her free?

Bryn Hennesey, a volunteer at the Grove Street Homeless Shelter, was there the night the shelter burned to the ground and five heroic firefighters died at the scene. Among them was her husband, Adam. Like the rest of the surviving spouses, Bryn must find a way to begin again. But Bryn must do so living with a horrible secret.…

Garrett Edmonds’s wife, Molly, was the only female firefighter to perish in the blaze. As her husband, it was his job to protect the woman he loved.… How can he go on in the face of such unbearable loss and guilt?


And what started the fire that destroyed the dreams and futures of so many? Investigators are stumped. But someone knows the answer….


My thoughts:


I really enjoyed reading Almost Forever. It's very well written. I was immediately drawn into the story and stayed that way till the very end.

It's a rather emotionally riveting book. I experienced a roller coaster of emotions as I read it; I cried, agonized, laughed, experienced joy. Overall, I am in awe that the writer had created such a beautiful story as this one.

As I finished the story, I just sat there and let the whole experience sink in.

It's that kind of an experience and those kind of books are the ones I truly enjoy reading!


Click here to find out more about this book.


Many thanks to Glass Roads Public Relations for sending me this book to review.

4 comments:

Alice Teh said...

Sounds like an emotionally engaging book. Thanks for the review, Renee! you read some of the most interesting Christian fiction.

Christina said...

I have got to get this one. It reminds me of the emotional roller coaster I road when I read Karen Kingsbury's "One Tuesday Morning." My emotions, like yours, ran the gamut. I love this kind of book. The kind you never forget. My hubby has been asking me if I want something for my Kindle and even though my wish list is full I am going to get this one right away. Thanks for the recommendation on a great summer read.

Christina said...

PS to Alice's Teh's comment. You read the most interesting Christian books, I know, my Amazon wish list is full of your recommendations, lol.

Sandra said...

Sounds like a really good book. Thank you for the review :)