Monday, May 24, 2010

Morning for Dove Book Review

If you've followed this blog for any length of time, you'll know I have a habit of somehow getting into book series smack dab in the middle rather than starting with the first book.


I don't plan it that way....it just sort of happens.

Still, I don't mind much because I then have a few books in the series that I can "catch up" on while waiting for the new ones to be released. It's really not such a bad trade off.


Why did I bring all of this up?

Well, I received the book Morning for Dove by Martha Rogers and thought it was rather funny that it fell right into my pattern for reading books in a series.

Many thanks to Glass Roads Public Relations for sending me this book to review.

ISBN-13: 9781599799841

ISBN: 1599799847
Genre: Christian Fiction, Historical Romance




Morning for Dove by Martha Rogers is the second book in the Winds Across the Prairie series. The story is full of faith, romance, history, suspense and well, it's a wonderful book!


I felt the characters were a bit stilted in the first chapter but after that, they gained depth and became more realistic. The story just took on a life of it's own and turned into a really good historical Christian romance!


Here's a bit more about this book from the publisher:


Can love overcome intolerance in the Oklahoma Territory?

When Luke Anderson falls in love with Dove Morris, he is aware of her Native American heritage. What he is not prepared for is the prejudice suddenly exhibited by his mother against Dove. Torn between the people he loves most in the world, Luke struggles with his feelings until a wildfire on the prairie threatens Morris Ranch.

Book two in the Winds Across the Prairie series brings you back to the town of Barton Creek in Oklahoma Territory, providing a glimpse into everyday life at a time when Oklahoma was drawing homesteaders to its territory in the days before it became a state.


I can't wait to read the first book in this series ~ Becoming Lucy. The third book, Finding Becky is scheduled to be released as of 10/5/2010. Oh...the anticipation!

Click here to find out more about this book.

2 comments:

Renee said...

You get such great book choices! When I went to choose my books (booksneeze), there were very FEW to choose from. I'm having trouble getting into the one I received, it's a self-help, follow these steps kind of book which is VERY hard for me to get into. Guess I'll do my best so I can give a review & try to pick something better next time.

Alice Teh said...

I'm glad you like the book, Renee!

Oh, and I must thank you so much for the two Debbie Macomber books. It was a surprise package!