Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Edge of the Divine by Sandi Patty




by
Sandi Patty

ISBN-13: 9781400202805
ISBN: 1400202809

I've enjoyed Sandi Patty's music since I was a teenager. I've always loved listening to her sing ~ she has such a wonderful voice so when I was offered a chance by Thomas Nelson Publishing to review The Edge of the Divine, I was pretty excited!

In Sandy's open, up front and humorous style she talks about the Edge of the Divine. She opens her book by defining that phrase as "the point at which something is likely to happen." A point when that "something" becomes a pivotal event in our lives.

An event that is life changing and depending on our choices, can either lead us to walk closer to God or away from God.

She explores within her book how this "edge of the divine" is often overlooked. She shows us how to recognize these life changing moments and encourages us to make the choices to grow and hold fast to God's promises and blessings as we journey in with Him.

Through out the book I was impressed by her sense of humor, her honesty. She shared clear examples of her life when she was walking the edge of the divine and how her choices, both good and bad impacted on her life and her walk with God.

I walked away from reading this book feeling uplifted and renewed. It is an inspirational book full of joy, humor and faith.

Click here to read more about this book!

5 comments:

Alice Teh said...

Her name sounds very familiar. I might've listened to some of her music too.

Linda said...

Hi Renee`, I wanted to stop by and let you know I've started a new blog. I hope you are doing well.

Christina said...

I love her music too. It sounds like the book would be great. I did get the book I won in the mail. Thanks so much. I am going to read it soon, it's at the top of my pile. And thanks so much for the boys book suggestions. We were able to get one at the library here on post.

Annette W. said...

I loved your summary here...especially when you told how the book made you feel when you were finished.

THE OLD GEEZER said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron