Friday, October 1, 2010

The Dead Rise First Rapture Countdown

Many thanks to LeAnn of Hamby Media for sending me this book to review.


by Alton Ragan and Robert D. McLaughlin
ISBN 978-0-615-21151-0

I knew when I agreed to review this book that I would find it interesting but I didn't know that this book would turn out to be one of the best reading I've done this year. Honestly, this book is phenomenal!

The Dead Rise First Rapture Countdown could be considered as an "end times novel with an unusual twist" and in my opinion, this book is just as good as and possibly more spiritually moving than the Left Behind series. Really - it's that good!

The basis for The Dead Rise First Rapture Countdown is drawn from 1 Thessalonians 4:16 and 17 - "and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air." (New International Version)

The setting is Jordan, Oklahoma ~ small town USA. The residents awake to find that their world has collapsed. A massive event of unknown origin has rendered everything electrical, including items that have electrical chips to malfunction.

They have no electricity, food and water are scarce and the town finds itself cut off from all outside communications. The residents have no way of knowing how massive this unexplained event is and confusion, fear and panic abound.

To make matters worse, local residents start seeing deceased relatives who stop by for a visit with messages for all who will listen.

Is the Rapture at hand?

To find out more about this book and to order a copy,

click here!

4 comments:

Christina said...

You know I have got to read this one.

Lorie said...

Renee, I hope you remember me. I'm blogging again at my book blog. Come visit me sometime.

Karen said...

Sounds like a good book! Thanks for reviewing it for us :)

Alice Teh said...

Sounds interesting!