Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Holidays, Romance and Chocolate ~ Oh My!

The holidays can be pretty chaotic and we all deserve our "calgon take us away" sanity saving moments. Mine just happens to be reading Christmas romances and hot chocolate. Romance and chocolate ... the two go so well together!

I usually pick up 2 or 3 of the upcoming season holiday romance novels when they come out and I make sure I have a fresh batch of my yummy hot cocoa mix waiting in my pantry. I send the kids and their Dad off on some holiday mission or to the movies and I snuggle down into my favorite chair with my book, my favorite blanket and a wonderful cup of hot cocoa. The result? Bliss!

This year I was blessed with being offered to review my favorite author, Debbie Macomber's newest holiday romance novel, Call Me Mrs. Miracle. I eagerly awaited the book and when it came, I did a little happy dance 'cause Christmas came a little bit early this year. Thank you, Kim and Debbie!




ISBN-13: 9780778328193
ISBN: 0778328198


Here's a bit about this book from the publisher:
This Christmas, Emily Merkle (call her Mrs. Miracle!) is working
in the toy department at Finley’s, the last family-owned department store in New
York City. And her boss is none other than…Jake Finley, the owner’s son.
For Jake, holiday memories of brightly wrapped gifts, decorated trees and family were destroyed in a Christmas Eve tragedy years before. Now Christmas means just one thing to him — and to his father. Profit. Because they need a Christmas miracle to keep the business afloat.
Holly Larson needs a miracle, too. She wants to give her eight-year-old nephew, Gabe, the holiday he deserves. Holly’s widowed brother is in the army and won’t be home for Christmas, but at least she can get Gabe that toy robot from Finley’s, the one gift he desperately wants. If she can figure out how to afford it.
Fortunately, it’s Mrs. Miracle to the rescue. Next to making children happy, she likes nothing better than helping others — and that includes doing a bit of matchmaking!
This Christmas will be different. For all of them.
My review:
Call Me Mrs Miracle is one of the best I've read by Debbie Macomber. It's a sequel to her previous novel, Mrs. Miracle that was made into a wonderful Hallmark movie last year.

I've always loved Debbie's books and most especially the ones about angels and Christmas. She did a wonderful job with this story and it left me feeling all warm, happy and definitely in the Christmas spirit. It's a wonderful holiday romance!

I loved the comments by Mrs. Miracle at the beginning of each chapter. Take the time to read them...they'll have you laughing in your seat. I also enjoyed the recipes Debbie shares throughout her book. I can't wait to try her fried chicken recipe. Yum!

Click here for more information on how to purchase this book.
Many thanks to Kim M. at Nancy Berland Public Relations for the opportunity to review this book!

3 comments:

Alice Teh said...

Holiday books are great! Unfortunately I will not be able to read any this year because I would like to finish those in my reading challenges. But it's all good. :)

Julie said...

Hot cocoa and a good holiday read? Sounds like a bit of heaven to me! Thanks for the review. :)

Sandra said...

Sounds like heaven to me. I love holiday books and I love Debbie Macomber :)