Friday, January 28, 2011

The L. M. Montgomery Challenge 2011




Somehow, someway I missed reading any of L. M. Montgomery's books throughout my childhood. It's a mystery to me on how that happened because I devoured just about any book I could get my hands on while I was growing up. Still do, in fact! :)

I am so glad that I chose Anne of Green Gables to read for this challenge. I fell in love with Anne Shirley after the first page!




I laughed, cried, agonized and danced with joy through all of Anne's shenanigans. I can't wait to read the rest of the series and then more of L. M. Montgomery's books!

To me, Anne of Green Gables is a must read at least once in a lifetime book. I plan on visiting this book and it's series time and again. I bet if you read it, you will too!


ISBN-10: 0553609416
ISBN-13: 978-0553609417





For the second part of my challenge, I chose to watch Emily of New Moon Season 1. I only have a few shows left of this season and I can honestly say that I love this show!

It's a wholesome, wonderful series that would be great for the whole family to watch! *

Hint...hint... Season 1 and 2 are are currently on Ne*flix instant watch!

I can't wait to read this book series as well!

* The first several episodes involve Emily's "second sight" where she envisions loved ones who have passed over. It's all done tactfully and clean but I wanted to mention this for those that might have younger children watching and/or have religious beliefs concerning this.

Many thanks to Carrie for hosting this. In the words of Anne Shirley ~

"I am ever so grateful!"

6 comments:

Julie said...

I "found" the Anne books when I was in my 20's. Love them! Seeing this challenge makes me want to reread. Have you seen the movies? I remember when they first came out, it was done in like installments on tv and it was so hard to wait for more lol. Good luck and enjoy the reading.

Cherdecor said...

Netflix! Hmmmmm! Good idea! Thank you!

Annette W. said...

It's shows like this that make wish we did Netflix...but we don't, and that's okay. I'm glad you are enjoying them so much!

I noticed you are following my new book list blog! THanks! But I also thought I should warn you that I don't think you'll get updates since I only plan to edit the book and audio posts that are up. Feel free to check in every week or two to see what I've been up to though.

Carrie said...

=D Totally grinning over this post and your reaction to reading Anne for the first time. I'm so glad you love her!!! (So much that I'll almost forgive you for loving the Emily tv series. Although I don't hate it, I thought some of it was iffy.) At any rate, it's cool to see your opinion and take on these things.

Thanks so much for playing along and I hope you'll join in again next year. Maybe read more of Anne? ;D Anyway - LOVE this post!

Barbara H. said...

I didn't discover Anne until I was a young adult. The first Anne film by Kevin Sullivan had just come out on PBS (before being released to video) and it said it was based on "a beloved childhood classic." Some my education was deficient -- I had never heard of it! But I loved it, just as you did. I hope at some point you'll go on with the rest of the series. I read all the Anne books years ago and am rereading them before going on to LMM's other books. I had heard about the Emily books but not the series. So much to look forward to!

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Welcome to the world of Anne of GG!