Thursday, March 10, 2011

Whisper on the Wind by Maureen Lang

by
Maureen Lang
ISBN-13: 9781414324364
ISBN: 1414324367




A bit about the book from the publisher:

In Brussels at the height of WWI, a small, underground newspaper is the only thing offering the occupied city hope—and real news of the war. The paper may be a small whisper amid the shouts of the German army, but Edward Kirkland will do anything to keep it in print. Meanwhile, Isa Lassone, a Belgian-American socialite whose parents whisked her to safety at the start of the war, sneaks back into the country to rescue those dearest to her: Edward and his mother. But Edward refuses to go, and soon Isa is drawn into his secret life printing the newspaper . . . And into his heart.

My thoughts:

Whisper on the Wind has a strong story line, good characterization and is well written. I am not sure why but it ended up being a book that I did not enjoy reading. I had a really hard time finishing this book.

Still, it got a lot of rave reviews by others; go to your favorite online book store and check out other's views of this book!

Thanks to Tyndale for the opportunity to review this book.

1 comment:

Christina said...

You know I will check this one out. You post so many good recommendations. I wonder if, like you, I will not enjoy it. I just finished that other book I was reading and it was definitely too progressive for me. I couldn't wrap my mind around some of the things that these type of Christians believe but It sure helped me see where others may stand on certain issues.