Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Ambition by Lee Strobel




a novel

by

Lee Strobel


ISBN-10: 0310292670

ISBN-13: 978-0310292678


Categories: Fiction, Suspense


(Release date: May 17, 2011)


Without further ado, let me share with you my impression of The Ambition by Lee Strobel ~

WOW ... Riveting ... Superb!

I guess from the above statements you've pretty much gotten the picture but just in case you haven't (LOL) let me write this. The Ambition is Mr. Strobel's debut fiction novel and well, this book is fantastic!

Not being a regular reader of suspense novels, I found the prologue to be a bit unnerving and I began to question why I had agreed to read a suspense novel. Well, my attitude changed into the first two pages of Chapter 1!

Here's the publisher's description of this book:
A corrupt judge in a mob murder case. A disillusioned pastor, hungry for power. A cynical reporter, sniffing for a scandal. A gambling addict whose secret tape threatens the lives of everyone who hears it. New York Times bestselling author Lee Strobel weaves these edgy characters into an intricate thriller set in a gleaming, suburban megachurch, a big-city newspaper struggling for survival, and the shadowy corridors of political intrigue. The unexpected climax is as gripping as the contract killing that punctuates the opening scene.

The story is well written, fast paced but not laced with blood and gore. The characters are interesting, challenging and fully developed.


The plot twists and turns are amazing and they kept me in suspense with my adrenaline rushing the entire time I read this book.


I highly recommend this book and I look forward to reading more of Lee Strobel's books in the future!

Click here for more information about this book.

Many thanks to Kim at Nancy Berland Public Relations for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a review on this blog. My review is based on my honest impressions of this book.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I have read many of Lee Strobel's non-fiction books and have enjoyed them all. I can only imagine how good this book will be.

Cherdecor said...

I have heard of this author, but have never read his books. I bet my husband has. I will ask him.