Monday, April 25, 2011

A Wonderful Graduation Gift!





by


Alex Chediak

ISBN-13: 9781414339634
ISBN: 1414339631








My Review:


Thriving At College is a comprehensive, down to earth resource guide for anyone considering college. It's full of practical advise, guidance and it encourages the reader to take full stock of where they are, what their goals are and the steps needed to take to reach those goals.


The book covers the 10 most common mistakes that college students make and it shows you how to avoid them. It covers the whole gambit of college life ~ academics, personal relationships, character building and so much more.


I plan to incorporate this book into my family's homeschooling curriculum when my boys get a bit older. They may not fully appreciate all the great tips and bits of knowledge this book has to offer at first but it will be a wonderful resource for them later during their college years.


I know one thing, I really wish I had had this book available to me during my college years and my boys will have a copy when they go!


Click here for more information on Thriving At College!


Many thanks to Tyndale Publishing for the opportunity to review this book. My review and recommendations are completely my own.

2 comments:

Cherdecor said...

This sounds like a great read for college students.

My husband said to his SS class last Sunday that college professors try to shake the faith of college students by asking questions. They give them no facts. They just put questions in their minds they cannot answer unless they have a full understanding of what the Bible teaches.

I remember the first day of English class in Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio, our son said the professor spent the entire class questioning Christianity. What did that have to do with ENGLISH CLASS?!?!? AND WE WERE PAYING FOR THIS??? Fortunately, it did not shake our son's faith. Rather it propelled him forward. Praise God!

Christina said...

My son attends Greenville Christian College in Greenville and they seem to have the same principles taught there that are taught in this book. It's one of the reason's he chose Greenville along with a few of his friends. This book sounds like a great resource.