Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Desert Gift by Sally John



ISBN-10: 1414327862


ISBN-13: 978-1414327860


Desert Gift by Sally John is the second book in the Side Road Series. It is an intriguing story that opens with Jillian Galloway, noted marriage and relationship counselor, author and radio show host being told by her husband that he wishes to have a divorce. Jillian is absolutely blindsided and shocked when she hears this and to make matters worse, she was on her way out the door to start her biggest book tour ever!


While her world rapidly crumbles around her, Jillian heads to her parent's home in the California desert. Her journey is one of seeking the truth, finding herself and finding God while she walks the side roads of her life.


Can she face the truth of her past? Will her marriage be saved?


I found this book to be an insightful tale of one woman's struggle to navigate the bumpy roads when the storms of life fall upon her. The story is thoughtful, intriguing and captivating and it grabbed me by the heart and didn't let go till the very end of the book.


I love reading a book where the characters are realistic, engaging and where their interpersonal relationships are deeply explored. This was the case with Desert Gift. Ms. Sally John has done a fabulous job with this book!


I can't wait to read book 1 of this series, Ransomed Dreams and book 3 of this series that is due out in Spring of 2012!


For more information and to buy this book, click here!


Many thanks to Tyndale Publishing for providing me with the opportunity to review this book. My review is an honest expression of my feelings regarding this book.

1 comment:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I liked Ransomed Dreams. I had no idea this was a sequel! Now I really want to read it. I'm glad it's so good.
2 Kids and Tired Books