Friday, June 24, 2011

How Huge the Night by Heather and Lydia Munn






ISBN-10: 082543310X



ISBN-13: 978-0825433108


Category: Young Adult








How Huge the Night by Heather and Lydia Munn is a story based on true events that occurred prior to and during WWII. Though this book is marketed for young adults, it is a phenomenal story that reaches out to all ages.


The authors did a superb job of blending historical events into a tale that will grab your heart and not let go. The characters are compelling and though this is a rather dark story lightened by faith in God, it is one that I plan to read with my teen son's. This story will stay with me for a long, long time. I admit, it was hard emotionally to read through some of the horrific events that occurred in WWII but this book so worth reading!


I also appreciated the "historical notes" section at the end of the book which helped establish for me, the parts of the book where fiction blended with fact.


I highly encourage you to read this book; I give it five stars!


Many thanks to Kregel Publications for the opportunity to review this book. My review is based only on my own thoughts and feelings as I read this book.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I watched the trailer and I can just imagine how this book would impact people. I think It would be great for me to read it to my older son's too.

Heather Munn said...

Thank you for reviewing our book. I'm so glad you liked it! I hope that it is very interesting for your sons too, and hopefully starts some good conversations.