Monday, August 8, 2011

A Vision of Lucy by Margaret Brownley




ISBN-10: 1595548114


ISBN-13: 978-1595548115


I usually enjoy reading by the pool in summer but with the 110 degree weather we're having day after day here in the south, who can stand it? These days we enjoy the pool in the early morning and we're back inside with the blessed coolness of the air conditioning as soon as it starts to soar to higher temps. 

The nice, cool air conditioning keeps me cool and reading a well written, light hearted, romance novel keeps me smiling!

A Vision of Lucy  by Margaret Brownley is part of the Rocky Creek Romance series and it was just what I needed this past week. I was in desperate need of  escape for just a few hours after battling the heat, nursing my family (and myself) through a horrible bout of flu and seeing the laundry pile become Mount Wash-me while we were all laid low.  

While my family was having a blast munching on snacks, playing video games and watching action movies I made my way to my favorite reading chair. I so enjoyed  reading this book while sipping my sweet tea, relaxing and having the perfect Mom's mini afternoon get- away.

The story is funny, charming and endearing. The characters are well rounded and have depth. The plot will make you smile, laugh and just have a dang good time!

Here's a bit from the publisher about this book:

Trouble follows Lucy wherever she goes. So does a vision of second chances . . .
and love!


Lucy Fairbanks dreams of working as a photographer at the Rocky Creek newspaper. Her deepest hope is that her father will see her as an artist, the way he thought of her deceased mother, whose paintings still hang on their walls.

But disaster follows Lucy on every photo assignment: a mess of petticoats and ribbons, an accidental shooting, even a fire.

When Lucy meets David Wolf-a rugged, reclusive man who lives on the outskirts of town-she thinks she can catch the attention of the town with his photograph. She doesn't count on her feelings stirring whenever she's near him.

Two things happen next that forever change the course of Lucy's life. But will these events draw her closer to God or push her further away? And how will David accept this new vision of Lucy?

Click here to find out more about this book!

Many thanks to Kim M. and Nancy Berland Public Relations for the opportunity to review this book. My review is an honest reflection of my thoughts and opinions.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Sounds like you all are making the best of the weather. I still can't believe the heat down there in the south. At least you get to enjoy the pool in the morning so it's not a total loss. It is cold and rainy here some mornings so the pool has not been too great but once we go back home it will be back to swimming.

Christina said...

PS glad to hear everyone is well and is enjoying the day snacking and playing indoors while you read.