Monday, December 5, 2011

Are you in need of a break? Grab the cocoa, the cookies and this book!


ISBN-10: 0800719263


ISBN-13: 978-0800719265

I absolutely love the Christmas season but there are times when I want to just step off the holiday merry go round and take a breather.  My chance came over the weekend while we had a wonderful few days of rain, which we so needed.  I curled up in my favorite chair with  a good cup of cocoa and this wonderful Christmas book. 

The Christmas Shoppe by Melody Carlson is a relaxing, entertaining and thoroughly enjoyable!  It's well written, humorous and a wonderful blend of faith and fiction.  I read it in  one afternoon sitting and I came away relaxed, smiling and rested.  :)

About the book (from the publisher):

The small town of Parrish Springs is not quite ready for Matilda Honeycutt. A strange woman with scraggly hair and jewelry that jangles as she walks, Matilda keeps busy stocking and arranging her new shop on the town's quaint and lovely Main Street. When rumors start to fly about what might be going on behind the papered-up windows and the locked door, the image-conscious residents start looking for a way to get this woman and her wares out of their town before Christmas.


But Matilda Honeycutt has a little something for each one of them sitting on those cluttered shelves, just waiting to be discovered.

I can't wait to read some of the other Christmas books that Ms. Carlson has written.  I'll let you know how they are but I suspect I'm going to really enjoy them!

3 comments:

Annette W. said...

I've heard good things!

Julie said...

We've had some rainy days here, perfect for cuddling up with a kitty and a book. Thanks for the review.

Christina said...

I have to grab this one. I love reading Christmas books at Christmas time. There are quite a few at the library right now, so that is good for me. I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner.