Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas on Nutcracker Court by Judy Duarte

  


 ISBN-10: 0758238959



ISBN-13: 978-0758238955


A few years ago, I was given the opportunity to read/review Entertaining Angels by Judy Duarte. I fell in love with the book and Ms. Duarte's writing style. I've been enjoying her books ever since.

I went on to read two more of her books ~ Mulberry Park and The House on Sugar Plum Lane, both of which I enjoyed immensely. I was excited when I heard she was writing a holiday novel this year!

Christmas on Nutcracker Court was all that I hoped it would be.  
It definitely put me in the holiday spirit!




About the Book
(from the publisher)

Fairbrook is a town tailor-made for Christmas, with beautiful old houses dotting quaintly named streets like Sugar Plum Lane and Nutcracker Court. But not everyone is eager for the holidays to arrive. Cash-strapped single mom Carly Westbrook worries about providing a merry Christmas for her boys. It doesn't help that they've been having run-ins with neighbor Max Tolliver, an aspiring novelist stricken with writer's block. Then there's Grant Barrows, a formerly wealthy businessman whose heart seems to have shrunk along with his bank balance.

Some folks are still determined to make the season sparkle--like the Diamond Lils, a ladies' group that meets weekly to play poker and socialize. This year, they're looking to do some good deeds--and wealthy widow Lynette thinks that a little matchmaking between Grant and Carly would be a perfect place to start.
Needing some Christmas Spirit?
Read this wonderful book!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Looks like you found another great Christmas book. I can't wait to check it out.