Friday, March 30, 2012

River's Call by Melody Carlson



ISBN-10: 1426712677

ISBN-13: 978-1426712678 




Here's a bit about the book from the publisher:

Anna Larson's daughter, Lauren, is confused, brokenhearted, and misguided. It's the turbulent 1960s and, feeling alienated from her mother, Lauren chooses to stay with her paternal grandmother. However, repelled by the woman's manipulative and spiteful ways, Lauren returns to her mother, the river, and the Inn at Shining Waters.

There, Lauren begins to appreciate the person her mother is becoming--and she loves the river. However, romantic interests throw a wrench into the works and Lauren, jealous and angry, returns to her grandmother yet again.

But as time passes, Lauren, now a mother to her own defiant teenager, faces a new crisis--one that puts the entire family at risk.

My Review:

Last year, I had the distinct pleasure of reading the first book in this wonderful series, River's Song. This year I was blessed with the opportunity to review the second book in this series,  River's Call.  It is a fantastic book!  


Melody Carlson is a gifted writer and as I eagerly read this beautifully written story,The Inn at Shining Waters came to life for me.  I felt the serenity of the river, heard the lapping of the water and sensed  the peaceful blessings of nature that surrounds the inn. 


I felt like I was visiting old friends and walking besides them as they lived their lives. I smiled, laughed, and cried my way through the story. It stirred my senses and captivated my heart.  Even now I have a beaming smile and a warm glow inside that tells me how much I enjoyed this book!  


I highly recommend this wonderful book!


Many thanks to Melody Carlson and to Glass Road Public Relations for the opportunity to review this book. My review is an honest reflection of my experience reading this book. 

No comments: