Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mother of Pearl by Kellie Coates Gilbert



  • ISBN-10: 1426733437
  • ISBN-13: 978-1426733437

Mother of Pearl by Kellie Coates Gilbert is one of those books where the topic is emotionally hard to handle but the story is so well written that you can't put it down!  

From the publisher:

Barrie Graeber has two great kids, a loving husband, and a respected job as a high school counselor in her close-knit community. Without warning, everything unravels when her teenage daughter, Pearl, is betrayed by friends and lashes out. 
Nothing prepares this mother for the helplessness that follows when her attempts to steer her daughter back on course fail and Pearl shuts her out . . . or when she discovers the unthinkable about her nemesis, the football coach. 
Emotionally riveting and profoundly moving, MOTHER OF PEARL brings us into the heart of a mother bound by an incredible burden, who ultimately finds she must recognize her own vulnerability and learn to trust in something much bigger.

My Thoughts:

I came away from reading this book with my emotions raw and aching. Mother of Pearl affected me deeply. At times I felt I just couldn't handle much more emotionally but I was so connected with the characters and the story line, I just couldn't put Mother of Pearl  down.  

I am so glad that I read this book and I highly recommend it to all  of you!

Many thanks to Glass Road Public Relations for the opportunity to review this book. Please know that my review, my thoughts and feelings are a true reflection of my reading experience of this book.

No comments: