Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Catching up ...

I am a bit behind in posting about some of the books I've been reading so I thought I'd just quickly share some of them with you. 






  • ISBN-10: 1250023211
  • ISBN-13: 978-1250023216


I thoroughly enjoyed reading  Below Stairs by Margaret Powell.  If you have friends or family who enjoy Downton Abbey, this would be a perfect gift  for them!  Ms. Powel's bold, practical and honest sharing of her life moved me to laughter and  sometimes to tears but I found this to be a charming and enlightening book.






  • ISBN-10: 0307458857
  • ISBN-13: 978-0307458858

One of my favorite books to read are historical fiction especially if it has a bit of mystery and suspense.  I have to say,  A Sound Among the Trees was fantastic! 

Ms. Meissner has a unique way of weaving the past into the present that makes her stories fascinating. Mix in some Civil War intrigue, a southern mansion that has stood the test of time and a family history of  possible treason and this book was definitely my cup of tea! :)








  • ISBN-10: 0307444732
  • ISBN-13: 978-0307444738


Finding Our Way Home  is the 3rd book in Charlene Ann Baumbich's  Snow Globe Series. This story is about two woman at very different stages in their lives. Both women are facing decisions and paths that are not of their choosing but can't be ignored.  

This heart warming story explores their path of self discovery, healing, and the gift of  God's merciful grace and forgiveness in their lives. It was the perfect way to spend a relaxing afternoon and I truly enjoyed reading this book! 

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love Downton Abbey and have had Below Stairs on my wish list at Amazon forever! Glad to know it is worth the wait. ;)