Friday, February 8, 2013

Laura Ingalls Wilder Reading Challenge - Week 1

Laura Ingalls Wilder Reading Challenge


I'm participating in the Laura Ingalls Wilder Reading Challenge this month hosted by Barbara @ Stray Thoughts.

I loved reading the Little House on the Prairie books as a child and I have enjoyed re-visiting them through out the years.  They are one of my "must read at least once in a life time" books!  

To start out this reading challenge, I watched the Little House on the Prairie pilot ~ just to get me in the mood. :)




I hadn't seen it for years and I carved out some quiet time, sat down with a cup of hot cocoa and enjoyed the show immensely!   

The Ingalls family moved my heart today as much as they did the first time I watched them as a child.  The memories came flooding back of how much I enjoyed watching the show.  Needless to say, I am going to start getting the LHP series from our local library and enjoy watching it  again! 

Over the next few weeks I'll be reviewing On The Way Home, Laura Ingalls Wilder  ~ A Biography and The Little House Cookbook.  I'll be posting them weekly so come on back to see what's happening in my neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Barbara H. said...

I loved this show. I think the earlier episodes were much closer to the books.