Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Return of Cassandra Todd by Darrell Nelson

I've been eagerly awaiting the release of The Return of Cassandra Todd by Darrel Nelson for about a year.  

I read the prologue for this book at the back of Mr. Nelson's first book - The Anniversary Waltz and I was definitely hooked!  


I did a very happy dance when I was asked by Glass Road MM to receive a free copy of this book in return for an honest review. :)




ISBN-10: 1621360210

ISBN-13: 978-1621360216

The Return of Cassandra Todd  opens with a very disillusioned young man, Turner Caldwell.  He works at the local motel as a handy man and is attending college full time. His life is one of existence without  joy and he has lost faith in God. 

Cassandra Todd and her son return to her hometown trying to escape a life of abuse from her husband.  When Turner sees her, memories of being bullied and humiliated in high school come rushing back and this time, Turner can't seem to avoid his past any longer.

The plot thickens as Cassandra's husband shows up.  Turner is pushed to the limit trying to keep Cassandra and her son safe and in the process finds grace, redemption, and so much more!



I loved this book! It is extremely well written and the characters are engaging and realistic.  The story is filled with faith, suspense and a bit of a romance. 

Some parts of the story seem a bit far fetched but given this is a fictional story, I just went with it and  truly enjoyed reading this  book!

1 comment:

Darrel Nelson said...

Renee, thanks for doing the happy dance. I'm so glad you enjoyed my novel, and I sure appreciate your kind, encouraging words. Hopefully, you'll also like my future novel, Following Rain.