Thursday, January 9, 2014

Land Girls ~ Worth the Watching!



BBC ONE

Having been down with a bit of the flu over the past few weeks, I finally found the time to catch up on my Net*flix watching. I thoroughly enjoyed watching  Land Girls produced by BBC One!  

I've had the show in my Net*flix que for quite some time after reading Sandra's recommendation for the show but I just had not been able to set aside time to watch it until now. 

Land Girls is a really good show and you can view all three seasons on Ama*zon or Net*flix as well as other websites.




The setting is the English country side during WWII. The show follows the lives of four women serving in the Women's Land Army.  BBC One describes the show as "A drama based show following the lives and loves of four girls away from home, doing their bit for Britain in the Women's Land Army".   

While BBC One did receive some flack for several historical inaccuracies while producing the show, the show went on to win several prestigious broadcast awards between 2009 and 2011.

    
I really enjoyed watching Land Girls and I recommend it highly as a warm, inviting and worth the watching  TV series!

No comments: