Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Vicar's Wife by Katharine Swartz



  • ISBN-10: 1782640703
  • ISBN-13: 978-1782640707


The book cover of The Vicar's Wife by Katharine Swartz caught my attention and just wouldn't let me go. I then read the publisher's description of the book and became completely excited to read it. I couldn't wait to receive my copy in the mail!  

Once I started reading this book, I just couldn't put it down. I completely lost myself in the story of Jane and Alice, ordinary housewives each relocated from a home they loved to a new life in a new town that had them confused and struggling.  

The strange thing is one of them is living in present day England and the other living in the same house but eighty years before. Two lives so vastly different on the surface but underneath it all, not so much. 

I ached with their struggles and felt joy with their accomplishments as they strove to find themselves while trying to make a home for their families.  

My final thoughts? A quiet, well lived life can be extraordinary and that simple joys are worth finding and holding close to the heart.   

I absolutely loved reading The Vicar's Wife and recommend it highly!  

Many thanks to Kregel publishing for the opportunity to review this book. This book review is an honest reflections of my thoughts and feelings about this book.

No comments: