Wednesday, June 11, 2014

It's Almost That Time Again ...



Christmas in July

While I'd like to share that I'm ahead of the game and am reading/posting Christmas book reviews ahead of time, I must admit that I am actually catching up on my Christmas book reading from last Christmas season. And the season before that, the season before that one, etc ... etc ... etc.  


What better way to beat the summer heat than enjoying a Christmas book?  Just looking at this cover helps me cool down!   



  • ISBN-10: 0312558368



  • The Christmas Secret  by Donna VanLiere is about a single Mom, Christine Eisley and her two children, Zack and Haley. Christine is struggling to raise her kids, weary of life's challenges and tired of just making ends meet.   

  • With a small bit of hope in her heart and a Christmas note to God left under her Christmas tree, she yearns for the "someday" when her life will get better; a time when she and her family can move beyond just surviving towards a life full of love and joy.  

  • It's a story of life, love, secrets, community and friendship. A story that shows the world that people can make a difference if they take a minute to look around them, see what is really there and be willing to lend a hand.  

  • The results can be astounding!





 I enjoyed reading this story. It was personable, engaging and heart warming. Ms. VanLiere's characters were realistic with hopes and dreams, challenges and frustrations that we all have faced at some point and time in our own lives. 

Once I started reading The Christmas Secret, I couldn't put it down. I carried it around with me all day so I could continue reading it a bit here, a bit there till I finished this book.


"Hope is waiting.  Hope is waiting.  Hope is waiting."


 I love it when I find a book that I know I will enjoy reading again and again! 

  •  

No comments: