Friday, September 26, 2014

Being Church Doing Life Blog Tour and E Book Sale!


  • E-Book Sale this week - $1.99! 







  • ISBN-10: 0857214934
  • ISBN-13: 978-0857214935


From the Book Jacket:

Christians worldwide are learning new ways to connect their faith to everyday life. Gospel communities are popping up everywhere - in cafes, gyms, tattoo parlors, even laundromats. This movement, called Fresh Expressions, is attracting thousands and growing rapidly.
With over 120 real-life examples, Michael Moynagh describes easy ways for ordinary Christians to embrace this highly effective approach to local mission. Anyone can do it!  




Being Church Doing Life by Dr. Michael Moynagh is divided into three parts: Why we need communities in life, tools for developing witnessing communities and tools for the wider church.  This book clearly defines and lays out a plan with wonderful examples of how anyone can create this type of community in their every day life.  

Hospitality has been long been a strong venue for Christians to witness and serve others. It makes sense that the next step would be to have gospel communities in our every day life  - not to replace the church but to extend faith into everyday life.
   
Here is one of the statements that for me really summed up what the concept of a gospel community is ~

" ... witnessing communities take different shapes in different settings. They seek to express the life of the church in ways that both fit and remain faithful to Jesus." 

I found this book to be intriguing. It's a simple message but one of such depth and layers that I want to further study this book. 

Please stop by and let me know your impressions of this book! 

Many thanks to Kregel Publications for the opportunity to review this book. My review is my own and reflects my thoughts and feelings regarding this book.

1 comment:

Cherdecor said...

I must look for this book. I love hospitality and I must read what this writer has to say. I need a fresh start.