Thursday, August 6, 2015

Her Brother's Keeper by Beth Wiseman


  • ISBN-10: 140168596X
  • ISBN-13: 978-1401685966


Charlotte's brother, Ethan has died leaving her with no family and a belief that something isn't right. Ethan committed suicide and she is positive that there is more to his death than she has been told. She believes that the Amish community he was living in is hiding something and she plans to find out what it is! 

Her plan? To change her name to Mary and live within the Amish community while she tries to uncover the secrets surrounding Ethan's death.

It soon becomes evident that Charlotte gets more than she bargained for! 



The Postive Points

Her Brother's Keeper by Beth Wiseman is part of her Amish Secrets Novels.  I found the character's were believable and the plot/sub-plots very interesting. 

I was appreciative of how Ms. Wiseman weaved into the story both Charlotte and Ethan's background while as the story unfolded. It really helped to round everything out! 

I also appreciated the bits of humor interspersed throughout this deeply moving novel as well as the strong beliefs in God and Faith that Ms. Wiseman shared within this book.  


The Sticky Points
The only real "sticky point" that I have with this story is that it was far stretched to have the Amish community where Charlotte/Mary was staying actually believe that she was Amish.  

Charlotte/Mary made so many obvious mistakes that the author  explained away through Charlotte stating that she came from a "less restrictive community". This was a bit hard for me to believe  that her host family and Amish community would actually believe that as some of her mistakes were pretty big. 


Still, I found Her Brother's Keeper to be a relaxing and enjoyable read and I give it 4 stars!




A big thank you to Booklook Bloggers for the opportunity to review this book. My review is an honest reflection of my reading experience and my feeling about this book.

No comments: