Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer


  • ISBN-10: 0152061541
  • ISBN-13: 978-0152061548

Book 1 in this 4 book series


I have had this book in my TBR pile for  few months and have been eagerly awaiting reading it.   I love the cover  ~ that's what caught my attention at first and then when I read the book jacket review - the deal was cinched! 

Life As We Knew It  by Susan Beth Pfeffer is told from the perspective of Miranda, a high school girl who writes about her life and the struggles she and her family face after a climate changing catastrophic event occurs. It's tough being a being a teenager but being one as the world ends?!  


  

Overall, I felt this was a smashing good story! While reading this book, I would get so drawn into it that when I  would come up for a breather, several times it would take me a few minutes to remember that I still had electricity, chocolate and all the good things we enjoy on a daily basis. I was surprised to find how deeply engaged I was with  the story!

The only issue I have with this story and it's a small one, is how naive the people were when they found out that a rare occurrence was going to happen to the moon. They didn't think about the danger involved - I mean really, how could they not have some clue?!  Some communities were having block parties and some had home parties to celebrate this odd, rare event. 

I just found it rather hard to believe that they would not recognize even a smidgen of the danger that was coming their way.   

 Life As We Knew It was originally published in 2008 and since then the author has published three other books in this thought provoking series. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, I can't wait to read the other three!


Book Rating: 4.5 stars


No comments: