Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The House on Moody Avenue by Cellestine Hannemann

  • ISBN-10: 1449768199
  • ISBN-13: 978-1449768195


I was intrigued with the concept of The House on Moody Avenue when I read the book description.  It was an interesting plot that was rather thought provoking.  Reminded me of Amy Grant's song, If These Walls Could Speak.  

There are five stories within this one book; each an incarnation of family and friends who lived within the Moody Avenue house. The first story was  about Lisette, an orphan girl who went from rags to riches through marriage and whose husband built the Moody Avenue house as a wedding present for her. There's more to her story but I don't want to spoil it for you!



Out of all five stories included in this book, Lisette's story was my favorite. The initial story was a lengthy one but rather enjoyable. The author's development of the story line and characters were  very good and it can be read and enjoyed a stand alone story.   

Unfortunately, the other four stories were not as well developed and due to the length of each one, it was too many stories in one book. In addition, the attention to character and plot development declined with each subsequent story. 


I dislike having to give a review such as this. I am only doing so as my commitment with a review book requires me to give an honest review, whether that review is good or not so good. 

Furthermore, I wish to share that I see some creative promise in this book. The first story was promising and the author clearly has talent.   




I encourage you all to make your own decision about this book and not be swayed by this review. Other reviews of this book indicate that some readers have liked it.

I received a free copy of this book from Booklook Bloggers in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments: