Monday, August 3, 2015

The Wood's Edge by Lori Benton


I truly enjoy reading historical fiction and should romance be included ~ even better!  Add into the mix my love of American history, well ... this book was right up my alley! :)





  • ISBN-10: 1601427328
  • ISBN-13: 978-1601427328



The Wood's Edge by Lori Benton  is set in the pre-revolutionary war era when sentiments run high between American settlers and the native people of the land. 

The story revolves around a life changing decision made by one man, Major Reginald Aubrey.  The impact of this one choice, made out of grief and fear wreaks havoc  and chaos across the years for two families. 

It is amazing to follow the course of both family's  lives and to see how many people are touched and effected by this single decision. Albeit, a rather weighty decision with life long consequences! 





I very much enjoyed reading The Wood's Edge by Lori Benton. This book is well researched and genuinely reflects the culture and issues within the story's time period. The writing style is enjoyable and the characters are well rounded  and engaging.

While it took me a bit to fully get into the story line but once I was, the story grabbed hold of me and I was thoroughly engaged till the end. There were a few very brief dry parts but those were short lived and had not lasting impact on my feelings about this book.   

I love stories that I can connect emotionally with - it adds a whole other dimension to a story and makes the characters and plot that much more realistic. The Wood's Edge went from sadness, hopelessness, bitter loss, grief,  anger and throughout the story transitioned to healing, forgiveness, faith found along with love.  

Needless to say I give The Wood's Edge four stars! Happy Reading!


A big thank you to Blogging for Books for the opportunity to review this book. My review is an honest reflection of my reading experience and my feeling about this book. 


No comments: