Monday, September 14, 2015

No True Echo by Gareth P. Jones


by Gareth P. Jones

  • ISBN-10: 1419707841
  • ISBN-13: 978-1419707841

Recommended Reading for Ages 12 and Up


Release Date~ October 13, 2015



Publisher's Synopsis:

Eddie thinks nothing ever happens in his small, boring town. Every day is exactly the same, down to what the bus driver will say when he picks each kid up in the morning. But then, one day, someone new, and very pretty, walks onto the bus. At least, Eddie thinks she’s new, but there is something oddly familiar about Scarlett. 

Intrigued (and smitten), Eddie starts to follow Scarlett—and what he discovers is odder still. Scarlett is a Senior Echo Time Agent from the future, come to his town to investigate the origin of time travel, which, unbeknownst to Eddie, was invented right in his hometown, by someone he knew. 


Soon Eddie is swept up in the investigation and in time. But time travel is a dangerous business, and Eddie will learn more than he wants to know about his long-dead mother.





Every once in awhile,  a book will catch me by surprise and No True Echo by Gareth P. Jones did just that!

For me, the story line started a bit slow but very quickly picked up pace and definitely grabbed me as the story progressed. It wasn't very long before I was hooked and read it every chance I got. 

It's an action packed sci-fi thriller that really is for anyone who is entranced by alternate realities, time travel and all the confusion that can occur when time lines multiply, cross and get entangled.   Add into that the echo factor and WOW - it's one great story!

At one point, there was so much going in the story  I had to set the book down and just review what I knew so far and kind of map it all out in my thoughts. I love reading books like this because it means the story is intricate enough to capture my attention, well written so that I couldn't guess the ending after only reading through to the middle of the book.  I love books that keep me on my toes the whole way till the end! 

Needless to say I highly recommend No True Echo by Gareth P. Jones and ...


I rate it as 5 stars! 


Special thanks to NetGalley and Abrams Publishing/Amulet Books  for the opportunity to review this book in exchange for an honest review.

No comments: