Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Star Trek: New Frontier: The Returned, Part III ~ Must Read for Sci-Fi Fans!




From the Publisher:

The final installment in a brand-new three-part digital-first Star Trek: New Frontier e-novel from New York Times bestselling author Peter David!

Captain Mackenzie Calhoun and the crew of the U.S.S. Excalibur are back, picking up three months after the stunning events depicted in New Frontier: Blind Man’s Bluff.Calhoun's search of Xenex has failed to find any survivors, and now he is bound and determined to track down the race that killed them—the D'myurj and their associates, the Brethren—and exact vengeance upon them. His search will take the Excalibur crew into a pocket universe, where he discovers not only the homeworld of the D’myurj, but another race that shares Calhoun's determination to obliterate his opponents. 

But is this new race truly an ally…or an even greater threat?


My Thoughts ~


I've come to realize in reading Star Trek novels, not all writers are able to capture and bring to life the the qualities of the Star Trek characters and  create a vibrant, action packed sci-fi story. A story that keeps you on your toes and makes you feel as if you have come home to the world of Star Trek, whether you are reading the original series or a new book series.

Peter David excels at this and that is why he is one of my favorite Star Trek authors!

With Star Trek: New Frontiers: The Returned, Part lll he hit the nail on the head! The characters are well written, the story jumped off the pages and grabbed me from the first paragraph till the last.  

I haven't read this series Part 1 and Part 2  but I was able to follow along with the story and fully enjoy it. Still, this book was published in three parts and in retrospect, I believe that my reading experience of Part 3 would have been enriched if I had read the three parts in order.  

Overall, I loved this book and I'm off to read the first two parts! 

I give Star Trek: New Frontiers: The Returned, Part lll  a full 5 stars! 


A big thank you to Pocket Books and Netgalley for this book in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments: