Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Virgin's Spy by Laura Anderson (A Tudor Legacy Novel ~ Book 2)

A weekly meme spotlighting soon to be released books hosted by Breaking the Spine.



My choice this week ...



  • ISBN-10: 0804179387
  • ISBN-13: 978-0804179386

Book 2 in the Tudor Legacy Trilogy

Release Date ~ November 10, 2015



From the Publisher:  

The Virgin’s Spy is award-winning author Laura Andersen’s second novel about the next generation of Tudor royals—a mesmerizing historical novel filled with rich period detail, vividly drawn characters, and all the glamour and seduction of the fabled Tudor court.

Queen Elizabeth I remains sovereign of England and Ireland. For the moment, at least. An Irish rebellion is growing and Catholic Spain, led by the Queen’s former husband, King Philip, plans to seize advantage of the turmoil. Stephen Courtenay, eldest son of Dominic and Minuette, Elizabeth’s most trusted confidantes, has accepted a command in Ireland to quell the unrest. But the task will prove dangerous in more ways than one.

The Princess of Wales, Elizabeth’s daughter, Anabel, looks to play a greater role in her nation, ever mindful that there is only one Queen of England. But how is Anabel to one day rule a country when she cannot even govern her own heart?

Why this book?

I am a huge history buff and I love reading historical fiction. Ms. Anderson won me over with her Boleyn Trilogy series.   Her first book in the Tudor Legacy Trilogy, The Virgin's Daughter is a fantastic read as well.  I can't wait to read this second book in the series! 


What books are  you waiting for? 

5 comments:

Lisa Mandina said...

Haven't heard of this series, but I do find the Tudor history fascinating. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier.

Kate Unger said...

Sounds interesting! I hope it lives up to your expectations. :)

Cupcake Queen said...

Both series you mentioned sound wonderful. Thank you for sharing!

Happy reading,
✭Wendy (Cupcake Queen)✭
-My WoW picks
-Giveaway (International)

patty said...

It's funny because I love historical movies and TV shows but not so much books. I hope you enjoy this one as much as you did the first one!

thegirlmeetsbooks said...

I've never really gotten into historical fiction, although I do love historical romance. I hope you'll enjoy reading this one when it comes out. Thanks for dropping by my WoW :)