Monday, October 5, 2015

I Wish by Elizabeth Langston




  • ISBN-10: 1939392233
  • ISBN-13: 978-1939392237
Book 1 ~ I Wish series


From the Publisher: 

Lacey Linden is hiding the truth of her life--a depressed mom, a crumbling house, and bills too big to pay. While her high school classmates see a girl with a ready smile and good grades, Lacey spends her evenings seeking ways to save her family. On a get-cash-quick trip to the flea market, Lacey stumbles over a music box that seemingly begs her to take it home. She does, only to find that it's inhabited by a gorgeous genie. He offers her a month of wishes, one per day, but there's a catch. Each wish must be humanly possible. 

Grant belongs to a league of supernatural beings, dedicated to serving humans in need. After two years of fulfilling the boring wishes of conventional teens, he is one assignment away from promotion to a challenging new role with more daring cases. Yet his month with Lacey is everything that he expects, and nothing like he imagines. Lacey and Grant soon discover that the most difficult task of all might be saying goodbye.




I came away from reading I Wish with a glowing feeling of having read a really good book.  I liked how the “genie” (Grant) was portrayed and that the wishes were limited to those that were "humanly possible". This made for a very unique and creative story!

The author addressed some pretty deep issues within I Wish. Through her character’s choices, Ms. Langston shared some very subtle but sound life lessons/advice that I didn’t even realize was there till after I had finished the book and was pondering on it for this review. It left me with a lot to think about and I enjoy that. For me, it means I've read a really good book. 

I am giving I Wish ... 4 stars!


A  big thanks to FictionEtc Press and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

1 comment:

Dreams said...

This book sounds super exciting! You don't get to see too many genie books out there. I love books that make you think too. Definitely adding this book to my TBR.

Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books