Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Bookish Things I Am Very Thankful For ~ Top Ten Tuesday 2015


                     Hosted by The Broke And Bookish


This week's post is all about  bookish things that I am Thankful for (Listed in no particular order) ...

1. Books were a very dear life-line during my childhood and teenage years. They provided me with comfort and joy. A chance to grow my imagination and explore the world (and universe) through the books I read. To this day books remain a constant joy in my life and I am so thankful for them!

2. I am thankful for my Jr. High Librarian who took me under her wing, saved new books for me to read and suggested other books for reading. She encouraged me to expand my reading to classics and other genres. She definitely was a positive influence towards my love of libraries, books and reading! 

3. I am so grateful for my children and sharing the gift of reading with them. It warms my heart to see them loving to read, enjoying books and watching their individual reading preferences develop over the years. What a true delight! 

4.  I am thankful for those life changing "light bulb" moments when I have read a passage or sentence in a book that has profound meaning and impact on my life. These type of moments are rare (I can count them on one hand) but they have occurred several times in my life and usually  with the most unlikely of books! God has a way of getting His message across to me even when I may be trying to avoid issues and I am so grateful that He does. 

5. I am thankful for my bookish friends. For me there is only one thing better than reading a book ...  it's sharing and discussing it with other book lovers!  


What Bookish Things Are You Thankful for? 


2 comments:

IloveHeartlandX said...

Lovely list!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/top-ten-tuesday-32/

Carrie said...

#2 makes my teacher-heart smile :) My TTT