Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Dashing Through the Snow by Debbie Macomber

It's no secret that I am a huge fan of Debbie MaComber's books and have been for years. For me, one of the highlight's of each Christmas season is reading (or listening to) Debbie's annually released new Christmas book! 




  • ISBN-10: 0553391690
  • ISBN-13: 978-0553391695
  • Audio Book: ASIN: B0149JBOT8
  • Listening Length: 4 hours and 31 minutes
  •  


From the Publisher: 

Savor the magic of the season with Debbie Macomber’s newest Christmas novel, filled with warmth, humor, the promise of love, and a dash of unexpected adventure.
Ashley Davison, a graduate student in California, desperately wants to spend the holidays with her family in Seattle. Dashiell Sutherland, a former army intelligence officer, has a job interview in Seattle and must arrive by December 23. Though frantic to book a last-minute flight out of San Francisco, both are out of luck: Every flight is full, and there’s only one rental car available. Ashley and Dash reluctantly decide to share the car, but neither anticipates the wild ride ahead.
At first they drive in silence, but forced into close quarters Ashley and Dash can’t help but open up. Not only do they find they have a lot in common, but there’s even a spark of romance in the air. Their feelings catch them off guard—never before has either been so excited about a first meeting. But the two are in for more twists and turns along the way as they rescue a lost puppy, run into petty thieves, and even get caught up in a case of mistaken identity. Though Ashley and Dash may never reach Seattle in time for Christmas, the season is still full of surprises—and their greatest wishes may yet come true.




I decided to listen to Dashing Through the Snow by Debbie Macomber through Audible this year as I still have quite a bit of crocheting to do for Christmas and wanted to do both at the same time. It turned out to be a definite treat! 

I admit I was a bit puzzled when I first started listening to this book but then I soon realized that this was a funny, obviously fantastical light-hearted tale. I decided to just go with the flow of it and I am so glad I did! 

There were parts of this book that I truly enjoyed and some that I could have done without (aka - car repairman) but overall I laughed my socks off  and came away from the story with laughter in my heart and a big smile. 

Ms. Macomber has a great sense of humor and she has added a large dash of that humor into this story. I truly enjoyed Dashing Through the Snow and I sure did a whole lot of whole lot of laughing too!  

4 Stars!

Spice up your life and enjoy 
this Christmas season! 

No comments: