Monday, January 18, 2016

Up to this Pointe by Jennifer Longo



  • ISBN-10: 0553537679
  • ISBN-13: 978-0553537673


Up to this Pointe by Jennifer Longo opens with Harper Scott and her best friend Kate on the verge of graduating from high school and finally being able to live "the plan". 

What is the plan? Well, Harper and Kate long for only one thing - to dance professionally with the San Francisco Ballet Company.  It has been their dream for most of their lives and they both have done everything possible to make that dream come true.  Still ... life has a way of throwing curves into even the best laid plans. 

Harper is heart broken when she is turned away by the SF Ballet Company. With her dreams in shatters, she runs away from it all to the far ends of the earth ~ Antartica and the South Pole. 


What will she find there? 

Will she be able to pick up the pieces and rebuild her life? 






 At the beginning of reading Up to this Pointe, I had a little bit of trouble getting into the story at first as it is told from two alternating perspectives ~ one being before the San Francisco try outs and the other perspective being after the tryouts. This issue soon worked itself out for me and after about the second chapter, I was hooked!

I enjoyed reading this book! It was interesting, at times gut-wrenchingly sad and at other times sweet and funny. 

I have to admit I probably went through about a third of a box of tissues while reading it. For some reason, I  really like reading books that get me all worked up and emotionally committed to the story and it's characters. So Up to this Pointe ended up being just my cup of tea! 



3.5 Stars! 


Thank you to Random House Publishers and Netgalley for a free copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

No comments: