Monday, February 15, 2016

Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan



  • ISBN-10: 0062377647
  • ISBN-13: 978-0062377647
  • Series: Reign of Shadows (Book 1)
  • Publisher: HarperTeen (February 9, 2016)



Synopsis:


Seventeen years ago, an eclipse cloaked the kingdom of Relhok in perpetual darkness. In the chaos, an evil chancellor murdered the king and queen and seized their throne. Luna, Relhok's lost princess, has been hiding in a tower ever since. Luna's survival depends on the world believing she is dead.
But that doesn't stop Luna from wanting more. When she meets Fowler, a mysterious archer braving the woods outside her tower, Luna is drawn to him despite the risk. When the tower is attacked, Luna and Fowler escape together. But this world of darkness is more treacherous than Luna ever realized.
With every threat stacked against them, Luna and Fowler find solace in each other. But with secrets still unspoken between them, falling in love might be their most dangerous journey yet.





Have you ever finished a book that you can't stop reading because it is just so darn good but where you loathe to reach the end because well ... it's the end of the story?

That's exactly how I felt reading Reign of Shadows


This book is fantasy at it's best ... good vs evil, life threatening challenges, monsters, mayhem and a quest. Add in a bit of true love/ romance and it just adds up to a book that I couldn't put down! 


{Likes}

I really enjoyed the unexpected surprises in the plot! They kept me glued to the story and on the edge of my seat.  

I also really liked Luna and Fowler.  Both are worthy characters and there's nothing like the bloom of young love fighting desperately to stay alive in a doomed fantasy world. 

I also really, really liked the ending! 



{Dislikes}

I really don't have anything that I disliked about this book other than having to wait to read the next one in this series! 

Guess you can tell I am not a patient person but in this case, I'll just have to hold on till the second book is published. :)



5 Stars!




Thank you to Harper Teen and Edelweiss for a the gift of this book in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments: