Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Leave Me by Gayle Forman


A weekly meme spotlighting soon to be released books hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick ...




  • ISBN-10: 1616206179
  • ISBN-13: 978-1616206178
  • Publisher: Algonquin Books


Release Date ~ September 6, 2016



Synopsis:


For every woman who has ever fantasized about driving past her exit on the highway instead of going home to make dinner, for every woman who has ever dreamed of boarding a train to a place where no one needs constant attention--meet Maribeth Klein, a harried working mother who’s so busy taking care of her husband and twins, she doesn’t even realize she’s had a heart attack.


Afterward, surprised to discover that her recuperation seems to be an imposition on those who rely on her, Maribeth does the unthinkable: she packs a bag and leaves. But, as is so often the case, once she gets to where she’s going, she sees her life from a different perspective. 


Far from the demands of family and career and with the help of liberating new friendships, Maribeth is finally able to own up to secrets she has been keeping from those she loves, and from herself.





Why this book?


I've loved reading Ms. Forman's books for years and this one sounds just too good to pass up! 




What Books are You Waiting On?

13 comments:

Eve said...

Never heard of this author or her books but I like the description. It's true how you sometimes need distance to get perspective on a problem. Also this kind of reminds me of a friend of mine, always taking care of others and when she needs the same once in a while the ones she helps the most can't be bothered. My WoW

Joana Bettencourt said...

I love Gayle Forman! Can't wait for this one too :)

Joana @ The Boundless Booklist

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

I knew this author was moving away from YA (I guess she thinks YA isn't taken seriously enough and she doesn't want to be 'known' for it.) I hope you enjoy reading this!
Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

AngelErin said...

Yes! This one looks really good. I like the Gayle Forman books that I have read so far.

Heather Fineisen said...

This is the first I've heard of this author but now I'll watch out for her. This sounds really good. Reminds me of Anne Tyler.

Alyssa Susanna said...

Oh! I didn't know Forman had a new book to be published! That's exciting. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week. :)

Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

Emily Alfano said...

I'm not a huge fan of Gayle admittedly! But I'm hoping one of her books will click with me soon because I know a lot of people love her work. The last book I read by her was "I was Here" and i don't know if it was the timing of when I read the book or if it was just the story itself, but I just could not understand the hype!
Maybe this one will change my opinion though, who knows?
I hope when you do get a chance to read it though that you enjoy it!
Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

vvb32 reads said...

Interesting premise. Got me interested.

Shane Morgan said...

I've never read anything Forman before but definitely interested in this one. Love the blurb. Thanks for sharing :)

Yareaders America said...

*bows head* I haven't read anything from Gayle before ]=

-Nichole @YaReads

Josephine Rayne said...

This is on my TBR list too! Great pick !

Thanks for stopping by http://adreamfrommyheart.blogspot.com/2016/03/waiting-on-summer-days.html

Meredith said...

Wow! I didn't even know that Gayle Forman wrote another book. Thank you for sharing and thanks for passing through my blog ^_^

Alma said...

I haven't read anything by Gayle Forman before but this sounds really good!
Alma @ A Novel Place