Thursday, May 26, 2016

Violet Blake Series by Bre Faucheux


  • Series: Violet Blake ~ Volumes 1-5
  • Publication Date: October 15, 2015
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • ASIN: B016QM5T1K



Synopsis:


MEET VIOLET BLAKE. 

I didn’t think my life could get any crazier than being bullied and upholding my well-earned status as the ultimate science nerd. I was wrong. 

My mom used to tell me stories about our family being descended from healers that could take away pain and death. She wasn’t lying. 

I never thought in a million years that my gift of healing people would be exposed. It was. 

I wanted a normal life. I wanted to survive high school and go to medical school. I wanted to become a doctor like my parents and heal people with my touch under the radar. 

But none of that is going to happen. And it’s all my fault. 





I was approached by the author to review Violet Blake some months ago and I was definitely intrigued once I read the book's synopsis. I had high hopes that I would enjoy this book. 

My initial thoughts after I started reading and really getting into Violet Blake  was ... Why in the world did I put off reading this book? I should have read it as soon as I got it!

The story starts out a bit slow but once you get into the latter part of book 1, chapter two ~ HOLD ONTO YOUR SEAT!  The story takes off and doesn't stop till the very last sentence of the very last book in this series.

{Likes} 

The characters are engaging. The plot is  original, creative and full of action, mystery, thrilling suspense, fantasy, sci-fi and romance. What more could I ask for in a series?!

{Dislikes}

There are some spelling and grammatical errors that pulled me away from the story a bit but hopefully those will be corrected in a revised edition.  

Most of the story flowed very well but with book 3, the transition of having the story being told from Shawn, the main character's view point to another person's view point was a bit choppy and had me confused. The good news is that the confusion resolved when I continued into books 4 and 5. 

{My Overall Impressions}

WOW! It's a really good story that grabbed me and wouldn't let go.  I'd finish one book in this series and have to move onto the next. 

Even when I had to put the books aside, I carried my kindle with me and read every chance I got. For me, that's one of my highest recommendations I can give regarding books! 


4.0 Stars!


Thank you Ms. Faucheux for the opportunity to review this book in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments: