Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Frost Blood by Elly Blake ~ Waiting on Wednesday


A weekly meme spotlighting soon to be released books hosted by Breaking the Spine.


Another pick for this week ...


  • Series: The Frostblood Saga (Book 1)
  • Publisher: Little, Brown Books 
  • ISBN-10: 0316273252
  • ISBN-13: 978-0316273251

Release Date ~ January 17, 2017


Synopsis:

The first in a page-turning young adult series about a world where flame and ice are mortal enemies--but together create a power that could change everything.


Seventeen-year-old Ruby is a fireblood who must hide her powers of heat and flame from the cruel frostblood ruling class that wants to destroy all that are left of her kind. 

So when her mother is killed for protecting her and rebel frostbloods demand her help to kill their rampaging king, she agrees. But Ruby's powers are unpredictable, and she's not sure she's willing to let the rebels and an infuriating (yet irresistible) young man called Arcus use her as their weapon. 

All she wants is revenge, but before they can take action, Ruby is captured and forced to fight for her life in tournaments that pit fireblood prisoners against frostblood champions. Now she has only one chance to destroy the maniacal ruler who has taken everything from her and from the icy young man she has come to love.

13 comments:

Barb said...

I think this sounds awesome and I love the cover. Nice choice!

Shane Morgan said...

So exciting! I'm ready for this adventure. Great pick. Love the cover. Can't wait to read it too :)

Lynn said...

This sounds very interesting. I'll make a note of this one.
thanks
Lynn :D

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

This doesn't sound like something I would normally read, but I hope you enjoy it.
Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

Lisa Mandina said...

Such an awesome cover, and it sounds like it could be a great new series! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier!

Tracy said...

Ooooh! This one is new to me but it looks amazing! :D Thanks for sharing!

Here's my WoW!

Alyssa Susanna said...

Oooo, I literally just saw this for the first time on another blog! I'd not heard of it before, but it sounds excellent. January, so far away! I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

Have a fabulous week. :)

Check out my WoW post!

Dani Chapman said...

This book is new to me! Thanks for sharing!

(New GFC Follower!)

Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=10812”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

The Bookaholic Blurbs said...

Not familiar with this one but it sounds good!

Petra said...

I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds really good. I hope you get to read, and enjoy, it soon. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW earlier. :)

Verushka Byrow said...

That's a gorgeous cover, and an original premise! I hope it's everything you hope it is!

Katiria Rodriguez said...

Ohh awesome pick I am also waiting for this one as well, because it looks and sounds absolutely fantastic! I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance! Thank you for stopping by my WOW.

Cyn @ Bookmunchies said...

Ooh, this sounds like it'll be quite the epic series! Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for sharing (: