Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Refuge for Masterminds by Kathleen Baldwin ~ Can't Wait Wednesday


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa of Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine

This week I'm highlighting ... 




  • Publisher: Tor Teen
  • ISBN-10: 0765376040
  • ISBN-13: 978-0765376046


Release Date ~ May 23, 2017


Synopsis

Refuge for Masterminds is the third installment in the Stranje House series.  
It’s 1814. Napoleon has escaped his imprisonment on Elba. Britain is at war on four fronts. And at Stranje House, a School for Unusual Girls, five young ladies are secretly being trained for a world of spies, diplomacy, and war….
Napoleon’s invasion of England is underway and someone at Stranje House is sneaking information to his spies. Lady Jane Moore is determined to find out who it is. If anyone can discover the traitor, it is Janefor, according to headmistress Emma Stranje, Lady Jane is a mastermind.
Jane doesn’t consider herself a mastermind. It’s just that she tends to grasp the facts of a situation quickly, and by so doing, she’s able to devise and implement a sensible course of action. Is Jane enough of a mastermind to save the brash young American inventor Alexander Sinclair, her friends at Stranje House, and possibly England itself?




  • Why this book? 


I can't wait to read this series!  

I have the first and second books in my TBR pile and have eagerly been waiting for the release of the third book so I can read them all back to back. Some series I read and wait a year for the sequels to be released but I knew I couldn't wait that long between reading this series  so I chose to put off reading it till all the books were released. 

Quirky? Yes, but there is something about diving into a series and going from one book to the last.  There's no loss of momentum, no need to review the prior book and no waiting. 

What books are  you waiting for and how do you like to read your book series ~ one at a time or all at once? 


9 comments:

Barb said...

I keep meaning to start this series. I need to check and see if my library has them. I love the cover of this one and thanks for reminding me about these books!

Lisa Mandina said...

I'm so excited for this one as well! I am going to be on a blog tour for it in May I think. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my CWW at Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

AmyNikita said...

Nice pick, this looks so good! I haven't heard of the series before, but it looks like something I'll enjoy.
Thanks for visiting my WoW earlier :)

Julie said...

haha I do the same thing sometimes. I wait until an entire series is out before I will read the first book. I'm not good at waiting, I have no patience. lol! I really like reading them all in a row too because then it's still fresh in my mind. Glad I'm not the only one like that. I hope you end up enjoying them all!

Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) said...

Oooh! This looks like an interesting book! I hope you enjoy it!

Here’s my WoW!

Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

Whitney Behr said...

I love the cover of this book and the plot is very intriguing. Thanks for sharing, I hope you enjoy it.

The Book Filled Day said...

I haven't heard of this series before, but I like the cover. I'm the same as you, sometimes I can read series years apart, but I like reading them back to back. So much nicer than waiting!

Barbara H. said...

Oh, I have so many books stacked up that I have yet to read! One I am excited about it The Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay - I have enjoyed all of hers so far. As for yet-to-be published books: Jan Karon will be releasing a new Mitford book, To Be Where You Are, in September, and Dee Henderson's Threads of Suspicion comes out in May. Thanks for stopping by my place! :-)

Maria Behar said...

OMG!! What a FASCINATING synopsis!!! I've never heard of anything like this before!! You certainly have GREAT taste in books!! This sounds SO kick-butt, I need to read it!! And, of course, the previous books, too!!

Thanks for putting this on my radar!! I'm adding it to my Goodreads shelves ASAP!! Also, thanks for commenting on my CWW post!! Happy Friday!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)