Thursday, June 1, 2017

A Man Called Ove {Book to Movie Review}


I kept seeing the book A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman around various blog sites and the internet.  I read the book synopsis and added it to my wish list thinking, "this sounds like a great read!"   

Then I came across it in on Amazon (Prime) and decided to give it a go. I don't often watch movies with subtitles but as I had some free time and this book/movie really sounded so good  I thought I'd watch it.  



A Man Called Ove


This movie is amazing! 


The story is stunning, the actors are excellent and the subtitles did not detract at all from the movie. It's charming, inspiring, endearing, hilarious at times while poignantly sad at others.  Overall, a truly good  movie!  

The concept of the movie's underlying theme bothered me a bit until I understood it was a way to connect Ove's past to his present and how his life shaped him to be the man he is now.  A life where his present is fraught with new and old neighbors that drive him batty and a stray cat that won't take no for an answer.  

The theme of this movie is one of such depth but it's presented in a unique way shedding even more light  onto who Ove really is. It's amazing to see how one man's life can touch and affect so many others.   

While I would not recommend this for family movie for those with younger teens or little ones, I do recommend this for older teens and adults. Why? Some of the sub-themes could be emotionally disturbing or misinterpreted by younger teens/children.  

I'm now heading off to get a copy of the book to read, as I find that I usually enjoy the book versions much more than the movie. I'm pretty psyched since I loved the movie, I'm hoping to really love the book! 😊


Well Worth the Watching!


1 comment:

Verushka Byrow said...

Wait, this is a movie? I just read a review of this book and the blogger LOVED it, but I had no idea it was already a movie!