Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday ~ Between You and Me by Alison


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa of Wishful Endings to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine


My pick for this week ...  



  • ISBN-10: 1503941221
  • ISBN-13: 978-1503941229
Publisher: Lake Union Publishing

Release Date ~ January 9, 2018


Synopsis

When their paths first cross, Ben Livingston is a fledgling screenwriter on the brink of success; Tatum Connelly is a struggling actress tending bar in a New York City dive. They fall in love, they marry, they become parents, and they think only of the future. But as the years go by, Tatum’s stardom rises while Ben’s fades. In a marriage that bears the fallout of ambition and fame, Ben and Tatum are at a crossroads. Now all they can do is think back…
A life of passion, joy, tragedy, and loss—once shared—becomes one as shifting and unpredictable as a memory. As the pieces of their past come together, as they explore the ways love can bend and break, Ben and Tatum come to see how it all went wrong—and wonder what they can do now to make it all right.






Why this book? 


Between You and Me sounds exactly the kind of book I am wanting to read and it's told from the alternating perspectives of both Tatum and Ben. It seems like there is  potential for anything to happen.  

Between the synopsis and that gorgeous book cover, I'm definitely snagged!



What books are you waiting to read? 

24 comments:

Stephanie - Bookfever said...

Is it wrong to jut want this book for its cover? I'm a big fan of covers like that. But the story sounds amazing as well, I think. :D

Renee said...

I love this book's cover too. I'm hoping the story will live up to or exceed it's cover!

Renee'

Inkvotary said...

Wow, THAT cover looks really amazing. Hope you´ll enjoy your pick. Thanks for sharing :-)

Best wishes
Vi @Inkvotary

Verushka Byrow said...

That cover is utterly lovely, LOVELY!The story sounds bittersweet and tender. I feel like it's going to break your heart in the end.

Lillian McCurry said...

That cover is gorgeous! I love the colors. It sounds like an interesting read too. Hope you enjoy it :)

My WoW

Jenea Whittington said...

Oooh, I love that cover and the sounds of it too. Tatum and Ben seem like two people that I would really like to follow on their journey.

Carole Wooten said...

I am so in love with that cover. The story does sound great as well. I hope you enjoy this one once you get the chance to read it!

Literary Feline said...

I love books that explore relationships like this one does. I havent heard too much about it, but I will definitely watch for it. Thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

Such a pretty cover. Hope you love it!

Eve said...

Sounds like I may want to give it a go! But that cover...love it! My WoW

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

This book is new to me, but it does sound really good. I hope you enjoy reading it!
My WoW

Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) said...

Oooh! This sounds like a cute read! Great pick! Thanks for checking out my WoW!

Birdie Bookworm said...

The cover is so gorgeous!!

Ashley Sapp said...

Sounds really interesting and I LOVE that cover! Hope you enjoy it! :)

The Candid Cover: YA Book Blogger said...

That cover draws me in! Thanks so much for sharing this one.

Angela Lawrence said...

I love that cover, and I really love the sound of this. I like stories about marriages, they're very relatable.

Alyssa Susanna said...

Huh. This sounds like a very, VERY complete story! How neat. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

Have a wonderful week, Renee. =)

Check out my WoW post!

Tangled N Books said...

This sound so good! I'm adding it to my Goodreads TBR list right now. Thanks for the heads-up.

Laura said...

The cover is pretty. It sounds like it will be a touching story. Hope you enjoy it!

Gennifer Eccles said...

I think I saw this on someone else's CWW! Glad it's getting buzz. And like everyone else, I also love the cover! Let's hope the inside matches the outside. :) Thanks for sharing!!

Suzanne at The Bookish Libra said...

That cover is so gorgeous! The synopsis sounds fantastic too. I love books that are set in NYC. Happy reading!

chucklesthescot said...

Hope you enjoy it!

Rissi said...

Haven't heard of this one, but OHMYGOSH! That cover art is beautiful. Love the colors and as a fan of the watercolor vibes, this is what really makes the cover stand out for me. Also, the synopsis sounds really interesting too!

Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland.

Maria Behar said...

So sorry for the late comment back! The thing is, I live in Miami, Florida, and we were "visited" by Hurricane Irma. Before the storm, I was too busy with preparations to do any blogging, plus, I was SO FREAKING SCARED that we would be getting Cat 5 winds!! So I couldn't have concentrated on blogging, anyway. Thankfully, that did not happen, but we DID get Cats 1 and 2 winds. After the storm, we had no Internet service for a few days. Now we're back up! YAAAAAYY!!

I LOVE your choice!! The cover is GORGEOUS, and the plot sounds SO endearing and heartwarming, as well as heartbreaking. This is definitely an EMO read. And I WANT to experience all those emotions, too!

Thanks for sharing, and for commenting on my CWW post!! <3 :)